Friday, March 25, 2022

March 2022 Stampin Friends Blog Hop

 


 Welcome, Crafting Friends!

Time for another Stampin Friends Blog Hop.  This month's theme is Monochromatic March.  We have chosen a favorite color and created cards and projects with just that color.  I can't wait to see the monochromatic cards and projects my friends have created.  They are sure to be awesome.  If you are following the "hop" you may have come from Maureen's blog.  Be sure to click on Steph's link in the list of links listed at the bottom of my blog to continue "hopping."

I have chosen various shades of blue (Night of Navy, Pacific Point, and Balmy Blue) for my card and project: 


Treat Pouches in shades of blue



Card

I began with with a piece of basic white card stock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4".  I used stamps from the Forever Ferns set to create the background.  I used dies from the Forever Flourishing set to cut the background embellishments.  I cut a Balmy Blue rectangle, a Night of Navy rectangle, and a Pacific Point rectangle with the Stitched Rectangles die set.  The bird, the flowers, and the hello are stamps in the Sentimental Swirl stamp set.  The bird, flowers, and the swirl were stamped with Versamark ink, sprinkled with white embossing powder, and heat embossed.  A little piece of ribbon and some gems finished the card.



Treat Pouches
I always have a little chocolate treat for my class attendees, and these are pouches for this month's treats.  They are very easy to make!  
Use a 6 x 6" card stock or designer series "pretty" paper.  I made my own pretty paper by randomly stamping leaves from the Forever Fern set on the card stock.  
Do this first!  Then proceed to the following steps.

1. Score along one side at 1 3/8".
2. Turn the piece 90 degrees to the right.
3. Score again at 1 3/8" only to the first score line.
4. Score at 2 3/4" only to the first score line.
5. Score at 4 1/8" only to the first score line.
6. Score at 5 1/2" all the way to the bottom of the piece.  This 1/2" piece will be the flap.



7. Cut from the edge stopping at the first score line along the 
1 3/8, 2 3/4, 4 1/8, and 5 1/2.
8. Remove the little 1/2" corner piece. 




9. Next apply adhesive to the 1/2" flap.
10. Gently roll the card stock and bring the flap to the other side. Tuck the sticky flap inside lining up the edge of the card with the 1/2" fold line. 
11. Fold the bottom squares in on top of each other and adhere forming the bottom of the pouch.

12. Punch two holes in the top of the pouch.
13. Insert a ribbon and tie a square knot.
14. Finish with a tag cut from the Tailored Tags die set and some die cut leaves from the Forever Flourishing die cut set.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you will click on the links below to continue on to my Stampin' friends' blogs and  see what monochromatic projects they created.  We love it when you leave comments!












These are some of the products I used to make my card and pouches.  To purchase them from my online "store" click on the links below.  

6 comments:

  1. The treat pouches are such a great idea! Love your colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - I've got to do those treat holders again - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love that card...it is so pretty and I really like the colors you chose.
    Treat holder looks easy to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades of blue you used for the projects! Those treat punches will definitely go on my list of things to make!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely blue combination Jean ... and gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I discovered these pouches before the Holidays and love that you can make them any size to fit any small gift!

    ReplyDelete