Friday, April 22, 2022

April 2022 Stampin Friends Blog Hop

 

Welcome Crafting Friends!

The theme for this month's hop is All About the Flowers.  If you are following the hop, you may have come from Teri's blog.  Weren't her projects awesome? You will find a list of all the bloggers at the bottom of my post. 

I am excited about this month's theme!  I love flowers and flower gardening, and even though I have several flower stamp sets, I am always looking for more! Because I am a demonstrator, I am able to see the catalog early and preorder from the new  Stampin' Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.  The products in the new catalog are available for purchase on May 3. 

Wisteria don't thrive in western Montana due to our cold winters, but I have seen them growing in the Seattle area--so beautiful!  When I saw the Wisteria Wishes stamp set in the new catalog, it went to the top of my wish list.  It comes with a die set in a "bundle."

I used the Wisteria Wishes bundle to make a card for a friend.  The two large flowers were made with two sizes of dies from the set.  The smaller flowers were stamped first with Fresh Freesia and then stamped over with Highland Heather. 

Wisteria Wishes available May 3.






These dies cut stamped images from the die set.
















These are some of the dies in the set that don't have coordinating stamps.
I used Fresh Freesia card stock for the larger flower piece and Highland Heather card stock for the smaller piece and then layered them.


 I love the leaf die in the set.  It cut and embossed these beautiful leaves.  Can you see the trellis just barely visible in the back?  It's made with another die from the set.


I try to find stamps I can use in multiple ways.   I am already thinking about Christmas cards (yes, really!) Turn the stamp upside down and it becomes pine trees!   

Trees are stamped and then cut.


Two die cuts to make a tree!

My 3-D project is a slim pleated gift bag to hold a prayer journal I am giving to my friend.   I used a 12 x 12" piece of two-sided pretty paper for my bag. The contrasting border along the top was made by folding over an inch.  I used a die from the Color and Contour die set to make the white focal background piece. I stamped the leaves and flowers and used my die cutting machine to cut them.  




Back of bag



Close up of the side pleat

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will continue on to 
Barb's blog.  We really look forward to seeing your comments!












Product List
Wisteria Wishes Bundle available May 3.  Catalog # 158860



10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the wisteria to start blooming again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jean - I love wisteria - and the TREE trick is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I didn't even realize we had this stamp set! Love the bag design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects Jean ... really liking that bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects, I adore this set. The front of our house is currently full of wisteria, so beautiful, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A neighbor of mine says she has wisteria, and it does OK with our winters! I am heading to my nearest nursery soon!

      Delete
  6. LOVE, Love, love this...and how you show the versatility of this set. It wasn't on my list...but now it is!

    ReplyDelete