Thursday, August 20, 2020

 Stampin Friends 2020 August Blog Hop


August Theme:  Well Wishes/Pick Me Ups

Welcome! This month's theme focuses on sending good thoughts to friends and family for many different reasons:  Get Well, Sympathy, Thinking of You, Encouragement, etc.

If you are following along with the Hop, you would have arrived from  Teri's Blog. 

Be sure to read through my post, comment below, and then continue on  to Sue's Blog. 

If you get lost along the way, you can find a full list of all the participants at the end of each of their Blog Posts.

My projects this month include a Pick Me Up teabag and cookie pouch and, sadly, a Sympathy card.

Tea Bag and Cookie Pouch


Last month I shared a treat box and card for my friend in a senior care center, and this tea bag and cookie pouch are another treat for her.  What says PICK ME UP more than a steaming cup of tea and a cookie?  This pouch has space for two tea bags (front and back) and space for cookies in the middle.





To make this quick and easy pouch you will need only a piece of DSP (Designer Series Paper/pretty paper) measuring 12" x 8 1/2" and a bit of ribbon!  
Here I have used some retired DSP, but I used Ornate Garden Specialty DSP in some of the illustrations below.

Score on the long side at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5", 7", 9 1/2", 10 3/4"
Score on the short side at 2 1/2" and 6"
Fold and burnish all score lines.

Here is my template:
(image is only 50% of actual size)



Remove the four squares from the corners.


Fold the four center corners in half diagonally with the tips pointing to the center.


Fold in the short sides.  I have made several pouches, and this one features the Ornate Garden Specialty DSP.


Fold in the long sides.

Fold back each top edge to form a flap.

Turn it over and fold up on all the score lines forming two pouches for tea and room for a cookie.


Bring the flaps together and punch two holes through all layers.  The holes should be about 1/2" apart in the center.  

Place a cookie in a bag and pull the top of the bag up between the flap sections.. Thread a piece of ribbon through holes and make a bow on the front.

Make a tag and fill the pockets with tea bags.  

Sympathy Card

I lost a dear college friend in July, and this is the sympathy card I made for my friend's family.


   

Inside message:


This is what I used: 

1. Forever Fern stamp set
2. Forever Flourishing die set

These are some of my all time favorite products!  So beautiful and versatile.  I frequently add foliage accents to my cards, and these are going to be my "go to" set!  There are dies for all of the stamped images AND five other foliage dies. (see photo above) Two of those extra leaf dies also add embossing to the leaves.  

These are the two dies that emboss the leaves.
3. Soft Sea Foam card stock and ink
4. Just Jade card stock and ink
5. Silver accents (foil paper, embossing powder)
6.  Versamark ink
7.  White embossing powder

This is what I did:
1. Stamped and heat embossed foliage (with white embossing powder) and dots (with silver embossing power) on the background card stock.
2. Stamped and die cut other foliage.
3. Stamped the greeting and inside message, trimmed them, and  mounted them onto scalloped card stock. (The scalloped edgelit I used is from a retired set, but there is another one in the Peony Die Cuts in the Annual Catalog.)
4. Added some silver thread accent.

Because I have some numbness in my hands, I have always had trouble making thread accents that don't look like a mess, so I have finally come up with something that works for me--and I hope it will for you too.

First, I wrap the thread around a mat several times and tie the two ends together.  Then I carefully slide it off the mat keeping the loops neat.  I place another piece of thread under all the loops and tie a knot around all the loops. Then I adhere the thread accent to the back of the focal piece.



5.  Secured the foliage focal piece to the card with dimensionals and secured the greeting piece.
6.  Added some of the extra foliage pieces.
7.  Added some gems from the Ornate Garden Gem collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I am anxious to hear your comments!  

Continue on to the other blogs to see more paper creations!

  1. Steph Jandrow - https://stampinandscrappinwithsteph.weebly.com/home/stampin-friends-2020-well-wishes-blog-hop
  2. Jo Blackman - https://www.joblackman.com/2020/08/sf-2020-blog-hop-well-wishespick-me-ups.html
  3. Katja Ettig - https://www.kleine-stempelmiez.de/2020/08/20/stampin-friends-blog-hop-well-wishes/
  4. Rachael Rife- https://rachthestamper.com/stampin-friends-well-wishes-pick-me-ups-blog-hop/
  5. Teri Pocock - https://www.stampinmagic.com/2020/08/stampin-friends-blog-hop-well-wishes.html
  6. Jean Bolen Beaulieu - https://danantmom.blogspot.com/2020/08/friends-2020-august-blog-hop-august.html You are here!
  7. Sue Vine - https://misspinkscraftspot.blogspot.com/2020/08/well-wishes-on-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
  8. Kim Quade - US - https://kimplayswithpaper.com/home/stampin-friends-blog-hop/
  9. Heidi Collins - https://on-y-go-stamping.weebly.com/home/sending-sunshine-for-cloudy-days
  10. Barbara Welch - US - https://creativestampinspot.blogspot.com/2020/08/well-wishes-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
  11. Maureen Rauchfuss (US) - https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/08/sf-2020-august-well-wishes-blog-hop.html
  12. Anne Marie Hile - http://www.stampinanne.com/2020/08/august-2020-stampin-friends-blog-hop.html
  13. Tiziana Milano - https://stampinwtiziana.blogspot.com/2020/08/stampin-friends-august-blog-hop-well.html
  14. Kim Lamos- https://www.pinkzebrapapercreations.com/2020/08/stampin-friends-blog-hop-well-wishes.html

As always, if you can't live without some of these products, I would love to help you out.  Visit my online "store" 24-7.

Until next time, enjoy the rest of the month.  Happy crafting!
Jean

Product List 
Peony Dies
[152701]
$40.00





16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects Jean ... your friend will love the little pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little cookie/tea pouches - very nice projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable projects Jean. The tea pouch with cookies would make anyone happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't get a pick me up from tea and cookies? great work, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tea and cookie pouch! I've seen tea bag pouches, but not with the cookie inside...brilliant! So sorry about your friend...very beautiful sympathy card. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for sharing the directions!! This is something so fun to make I’ll have to give a try!! I like to make littles treats to share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the packaging for the cookie pack and tea bags. So cute! Thank you for sharing the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little holder! Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful projects, Jean! I love that tea bag/cookie pouch and can't wait to make one. Thank you for sharing the measurements and for the creative inspiration, once again this month. Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little project. Such a simple way to give a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tea pouch, I've made them but never thought of putting cookies in the middle like that! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tea pouch is so cool. Thank you a lot for sharing the instructions. And the card is also very beautiful. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects and thank you for the instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete