Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Stampin' Up! has Shimmer Paint!!!


I arrived home from Seattle last night (a long weekend trip to visit my son's family in Bothell) to find that the UPS had paid a visit while we were gone.  Yay!  It's always fun to open one of those boxes!

I found a another new favorite from the Holiday Catalog!  Shimmer Paint--LOVE IT!  It's found on page 38--four colors:  Champagne Mist, Bright Copper, Frost White, Vegas Gold.  I bought only the Frost White.  After using it this morning, the other three are on my Wish List. 

I also got the Winter Woods stamp set and In the Woods Framelits which I bought in a bundle saving 10%.  Another favorite already!

A big thanks to Lisa Curcio for her wonderful You Tube presentation:  Three Shimmer Paint Techniques!  I am sharing two of them on my blog this morning.

I stamped two trees from the Winter Woods set in Shaded Spruce on two pieces of Whisper White card stock (2 3/4" x 4") using my Stamparatus.  They are beautiful just as they are, but the Shimmer Paint added a beautiful, subtle shimmer and shine.  My phone camera doesn't show the shine, but it's there!

For one tree I used a sponge dauber:
Shake the shimmer paint jar and listen for the clicking of the shaker inside. 
Dunk the sponge into the LID of the paint jar.
Starting at the bottom of the tree, slide the dauber back and forth working towards the top of the tree.  The ink color will blend a bit.
The dauber can be washed with soap and water and be used again.
Allow the tree to dry, run it through the Big Shot with its matching framelit, and you have a beautiful tree to use for your project.

For the second tree I used a Stampin' Up! Spritzer:
Shake the shimmer paint jar.
Unscrew the top of the spritzer and drop two drops of the simmer paint into the tube.
Add rubbing alcohol to the tube.
Put the lid back on and shake the spritzer well.
Spray the tree.
Allow to dry.
Run it through the Big Shot.  Another beautiful tree!

Both methods were easy to do and the results were beautiful.  The colors vary a bit.  The one closest to the catalog was done with the sponge dauber.

Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment