Friday, September 23, 2022

September 2022 Stampin Friends Blog Hop--Say it with Sentiments






Welcome, crafting friends!


Once a month my stamping friends and I create two projects--a card and a 3-D item.  If you are following the blog hop, you may have come from Teri's blog.  Continue on to Barb's blog by clicking her link found at the bottom of my blog. 

This month's theme is Say it With Sentiments.  Sometimes the sentiment says it all!  I chose a sentiment from the Color and Contour stamp set that is dear to my heart.  My sister, who is battling cancer for the fourth time, fell and broke her hip this summer. She has been very brave and strong throughout her illnesses and the accident.  However, once in a while, she calls me when she's down and "cries on my shoulder." I made these projects to help cheer her up.  These sentiments are perfect. 

Here for you now
And in better days come
 
Card

Clean and simple card 

Inside message and another flower


What you need:
Basic White cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Background designer series paper:
  4 1/4" x 3" Coastal Cabana
  4 1/4" x 1" Orchid Oasis
Focal piece:
   4 1/4 x 3 1/4" Orchid Oasis mat
   4 x 3" Basic White
Flowers: two 2 1/4 x 4 1/2 pieces of white cardstock

Instructions:
1.  Stamp two blue flower outline stamps in full strength Orchid Oasis ink.
2.  Stamp the inside of the flowers with the same ink, but this time "stamped" off so that it is a lighter shade.
3. Use a Daffodil Delight Blends marker to color the center.
4. Make two more flowers using the same process with Coastal Cabana ink.
5.  Use a die cut tool and the flower die to cut out the flowers.
6.  Stamp the leaf outline in Pear Pizzazz ink and fill them in with Granny Green Blends marker.
7.  Layer three flowers on the front and use the fourth one on the inside.
 
Treat Bag
 
Nothing like caramel, chocolate, and a good cup of coffee to cheer her up!

This Peekaboo Treat Bag from Stampin' Up! holds a piece of candy and a gift card for her favorite coffee cart.  I used the Mini Pocket Envelope die set from Stampin' Up to make this cute gift card holder.  There are even dies in the set to make the bow! The sentiment is found in the Happy and Heartfelt stamp set. The oval die is part of the Mini Pocket Envelope die set. I also made a little note card to include with the card.



Gift card holder (close up)
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you continue to follow the Hop and click on my friends' links (listed below) to see their awesome creations!  We love it when you leave comments!  


















6 comments:

  1. Jean I am so sorry to hear about your sister, I will keep her in my prayers. Love your projects - they are sure to lift her spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely projects, sure to offer comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely sweet gift for your sister Jean ... beautiful projects! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects - sending prayers for your sister

    ReplyDelete