Tuesday, September 5, 2017



Card Making Technique:  Sponging 2

One of my favorite stamp sets from the new annual Stampin' Up! catalog is This Little Piggy found on page 48.
I used sponging to create the background.  
 I stamped the pigs in black ink and covered them with masks.  (See my earlier post on masking.)


I started sponging the sun with yellow and then added some orange.  (circular motions on a flat surface--see my earlier post Sponging 1.)
Next I sponged the sky and finished up with the ground.  


The best way to get started with this type of technique is to practice blending different colors on a piece of scrap paper.  (Remember the circular motion!)   Start with a light color and then add  the  darker shades.  It's fun to see the end result!  I hope you will try this technique.  Join me next time for Sponging 3.  
I am always interested in your comments--add them at the bottom of the post.  
Happy Stamping!

Stampin' Up! products used:
Stamp Set: 
This Little Piggy #143922
Inks: 
daffodil delight #126944
pumpkin pie  #126945
marina mist  #126962
soft sky  #131181
garden green #126973
pear pizzazz #131180
crumb cake #126975























No comments:

Post a Comment